Arm In Arm is pleased to announce that they are relaunching their NextGen Leadership Council and are accepting applications, which can be accessed on-line via their website, through July 31st.
Arm In Arm Board Member, Adrian Colarusso, is chairing the NextGen Steering Committee and is responsible for the vision behind the relaunch. Colarusso shared, “The pandemic presented challenges to the original NextGen model, but it also offered us an opportunity to take the lessons we learned and create something that is not only sustainable, but also has the potential to yield the greatest impact and benefit to the organization.”
The mission behind NextGen is to find the next generation of ambassadors who can help to further Arm In Arm’s mission to help neighbors in need, providing food security, housing stability and much more. During their year-long commitment, NextGen members will work together to create and implement an innovative project to benefit the organization. Colaursso adds, “We are looking for resourceful problem solvers who are happy volunteering their time and directing their resources and energy to help others.”
Candidates should be recent college graduates, young corporate professionals or community members, and willing to commit to one meeting or activity per month between September 2021 and June 2022. The meetings will be a mix of in-person and virtual and will include opportunities to impact the organization through volunteer activities, as well as networking with former members and current board members. Arm In Arm will provide the full calendar of activities in advance, but notes important dates below:
- August 1st: Applications Due: Fill out a brief application on-line.
- August 7th-21st: Applicant Interviews
- August 30th: NextGen Class will be notified
- September 14th: Program kicks-off with a virtual meeting
- September through May: Group will meet once per month– either a weeknight zoom, or with in-person volunteer/social events in October, December, and March
- June: Graduation celebration and group activity
- June-July: Formation of steering committee, recruitment of new members
To learn more or apply, you can visit: https://arminarm.org/nextgen/