JOB POSTING: Director of Development & Communications
ABOUT ARM IN ARM
Arm In Arm is a place where our community comes together to make sure we all have the most basic needs of food and shelter and, as possible, the livelihood to maintain them. We believe that it takes our whole community to ensure that everyone thrives. And we believe that when everyone is thriving, we all benefit.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Arm In Arm is seeking an experienced professional for the role of Director of Development & Communications. The qualified applicant will hold a Bachelor’s degree in communications or related subject, plus ten years’ experience in development activities including grant writing, public and private institutional fundraising, individual donor development, and special events. The applicant should also have significant experience in public relations and communication, including donor relations and production of all print materials such as annual report, major appeals, and social media.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION & IMPACT
The Director of Development & Communications is responsible for the resource development of the organization, supporting the Executive Director to raise funds from government, private institutions and individuals to meet organizational budget. He/she is also responsible for supporting the Executive Director to convey the desired public image and community presence as defined by the Board of Directors of the organization.
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Grant proposal process and grants management
- Social media (website, Constant Contact, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Individual giving and major donor campaign
- Events planning
- Ability to create comprehensive public and private fundraising strategy and to execute in cooperation with Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Time management/prioritizing/multitasking: carry out and complete tasks with set timelines with a minimum of supervision
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES OR CHARACTERISTICS
Attitude and behavior consistent with core values of the organization, demonstrating compassion, dignity and respect in interactions with clients, staff, volunteers, interns, community partners and supporters.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Carolyn Biondi, Executive Director, email@example.com.